PCU Mobile Banking Security
A new way to bank. The same steadfast commitment to your protection.
Peninsula Credit Union offers you a variety of convenient ways to access your accounts. For each, we take the greatest care to ensure that all of our systems maintain the same high level of security and integrity, from our ATM network to Online Banking to Mobile Banking itself.
How do we keep your information secure?
The same industry standards we have always employed to keep Online Banking secure extend to our Mobile Banking application as well.
- Username and password to confirm your identity and ensure the privacy of each Mobile Banking session you conduct
- Multi Factor Authentication to help prove your identity
- Firewalls - to protect our programs from any unauthorized or malicious intrusion
- Encryption - to protect the transmission of data including customer account information and the integrity of all transactions
Banking in secure sessions
Each mobile banking session begins only after you establish your identity via a unique and encrypted password. These are required every time you log in. Your session automatically ends when you exit the application or move to another application, and it will automatically time out if you get sidetracked.
Things you can do to protect yourself
- Download the app from reputable sources only. The iTunes App Store or Google Play for Android are the only legitimate sources to get PCU Mobile. Even our own website links to one of these sources.
- Protect your password. Do not reveal it to anyone.
- Memorize your password. Don't keep it stored or written anywhere, especially with your phone.
- Make it unique. Truly safe passwords don't incorporate names, phone numbers, addresses, known dates, etc. Try to make your banking password different than other passwords you use.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended.
- Use your phone's built-in lock function. Set a password-protect for start-up or time-out.
Our commitment to you
Secure management of your money (and the personal information required to process your transactions) is at the very foundation of our business. Whether you access your accounts via teller, drive-up, telephone, Internet, or mobile device, Peninsula Credit Union protects you with the highest security measures available.
For more information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you are concerned that you have received fraudulent e-mail, disclosed confidential information or have questions about online security, please contact our member services staff at 360-426-1601.